What are the best work boots in 2015?
Our Geelong podiatrist Madeleine McMahon has put together a list of the best work boots for 2015!
When you’re spending all day up and down on your feet, your work boots are going to be the most important purchase of all!
Having the correct work boot with the correct features is paramount to keep you comfortable at work and optimise the function of your feet.
When we talk about correct features we are looking for:
- Stability: Especially in the back two-thirds of the boot.
- Cushioning: To help offset the hard, flat surfaces that a lot of our patients spend time on during the day.
- Strong heel counter: To secure the heel and reduce fatigue over the course of the day.
- Flexibility of the boot at the toe joints: To allow normal function of the foot during walking and standing.
- Removable liner: To optimize fit, feel and cushioning of the boot.
Based on these qualities, as well as comfort and durability, our Geelong podiatrist Madeleine McMahon has selected the top work boots in the 2015 range:
- Ascent Alpha
- Ascent Gamma
- Ascent Sigma (elastic sided)
The Ascent range are the most comfortable and functional in 2015!
From there, the others that are worth considering are:
- Steel Blue Argyle
- Steel Blue Southern Cross
- Blundstone Xfoot (991, 992 or 998)
- CAT Diagnostic HI
- Steel Blue Canberra
Make sure the boots are comfortable and they suit the type of work you are doing on a day-day basis. In particular, it is okay to go for an elastic-sided boot (Ascent Sigma) if you are in and out of houses all day and having to take your boots off!
Please note that some boots are available only at certain retailers.
Work Boot Retailers
If you need any further information on these boots or others please feel free to contact our Podiatry team.
Yours in keeping people active, healthy and happy,